background

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Chinese Gardens

While we did do a bunch of things while Emily and Helen were here, I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures. Andy is going to write a post one of these days and show all of his cool pictures that he took when they were out on their excursions. In the meantime here are a few of the photos that I did take.

We tried to go to the Chinese gardens the day we went shopping on Kokusai Street, but it was closed. We ended up going back the day I took them to the airport. Helen really enjoyed the gardens and could have cared less if they didn't make their flight :). It is a beautiful, peaceful place to be. I like it because it is one of those "hidden treasures" therefore there aren't many people. I prefer to be in places that don't have crowds...hence my lack of love for Disneyland..sorry breck!





I was utterly fascinated with this creature seen here. I had never seen one before. It LOOKED like a turtle, but then again, had no shell and this creepy looking nose. I went home and showed my pictures to Rumi and she told me exactly what it was. She said some name in Japanese and we looked it up. It is a soft shelled turtle(which makes sense) and they EAT IT. She said it is a delicacy. Hmm..think I'll pass!



See how different he looks compared to his friends:





I just love how the turtles come out to sun themselves, ahhhhhh!

3 comments:

breck said...

i LOOOOOOOVE turtles! they are so dang cute :) and...i have totally seen on the food network about that turtle and how they eat it...it is so freaking disgusting. i will spare you the details. thats okay about disneyland...i really only want your kids to go- hehe!!

Nikki said...

I have a turtle that looks just like those! My mom got him when she was preggo with me, and I now have him. I have had his tank in my room since I was born. I will have to post a blog about him so you can see him.

grammy barb said...

i too love turtles....(except for the great big ones that get really close when you're snorkelling!)