background

Monday, March 22, 2010

We have a house!

So I checked into housing today and we have a house!!!! We were ready to accept anything they offered us after living in the Days Inn for 4 days. Fortunately we were offered a nice house. It is only 3 years old and in a nice neighborhood. The best part is we can move in tomorrow! So long Shady Days Inn!!!! We think that we are really going to like it. I guess we don't really have a choice cause we will be there for 4 years. We also found a car today so things are going really well. Lainey is still sick and not adjusted to the time change yet, but the rest of us are back to normal. Our stuff that was in storage for 3 years arrived today so when we get our house tomorrow we will be able to see what we have had in storage for so long. It is going to feel like Christmas. We will post pictures of the Shady Inn and our new house in a day or so. I just wanted everyone to know that Annie was about to....or was already at her breaking point but when we saw our house and found out that we can move in tomorrow, it felt like a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. I think she is still pissed that we have to stay here 1 more night though.

8 comments:

breck said...

congratulations on the house, guys! i am so happy for you to: 1. get the hell out of the roach motel, 2. open up all your goodies from storage, and 3. FINALLY be within driving distance of me!! love you and i will call you tomorrow! xoxo

Anonymous said...

yay! Glad everything is falling into place so quickly!! Cant wait to see pics! xoxo

Skye O. said...

Congrats on a house. I can't imagine traveling like that with kids...and a HUGE dog. You are super Mom! I bet you're going to miss Japan. I always have such a hard time when I move...changes are hard, but good!

Your family photo at the top of your blog is so cute! Sweet family!

Nikki said...

I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Kate said...

Wahoo for the Felts! There is nothing like the feeling of "coming home." Glad you all will be settled in soon, and know that I'm here if you need any decorating ideas!

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tavan said...

So So So exciting!! Yea to get outta that shitty hotel!! I'm excited to see what the house looks like. And yes...it will totally feel like Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What a terrible time~I'm so glad it is almost over. I don't know if you heard but they say 1 day for every hour's time change until you're done and adjusted...I hope you enjoy your house and unpacking. We still miss you guys and I hope we get San Diego next so we can be close!!!! BTW I always have three good breakdown/cries with every move so don't be hard on yourself moving sucks! Kasey